1. What was this movie about? (Don’t say “a bunny!”)
2. Who were the main characters? How would you describe them? Think of at least three adjectives for each.
3. Why do you think the bad guys (antagonists) acted like that?
4. Did Buck Bunny do the right thing? What would you have done if you were him?
1. Is bullying a serious problem? What can people do to stop it?
2. What’s the best response to:
– someone insulting you?
– someone insulting someone you care about?
– a person throwing food at you?
– getting spit at?
– getting slapped?
– getting hit (a punch or kick)?
3. Do you believe in an eye for an eye? What’s the best revenge you’ve ever had?
4. Talk about an experience with bullying that you or someone you know of had.
5. Do you agree with the saying, “Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”? Why/ Why not?
6. We know bullying affects kids, but what about adults? When do adults bully each other?
In groups of 2-4, make a dialog and act out the main scenes in this movie.
Characters: Buck Bunny, Evil Frank (flying squirrel, chief bad guy), Gimera (short, fat hamster), and Rinky (thin, orange rodent)
Intermediate – Advanced
In pairs, imagine you were just bullied and are calling your best friend (your partner) to talk about it. Try to get advice for the problem and decide whether to accept the advice or not.
Aaron: Hey John, it’s me, Aaron.
John: Oh, hey Aaron! What’s up?
Aaron: Well, I’m having trouble with Bryan. He just won’t stop digging at me.
John: What do you mean?
Aaron: Whenever he sees me, he comes over and gives me a hard time. Yesterday, he told me I needed to buy new clothes; today he said he doesn’t like the look of me. What should I do?
John: Good question. Why don’t you just avoid him?
Aaron: I’ve tried that, but he always finds me.
John: If I were you, I’d tell him to back off. Maybe he doesn’t know it bothers you so much. If he keeps doing it, tell your boss. Try not to let it bother you too much; he’s just a jerk.
Aaron: That’s for sure. Anyway, I’ll give it a shot.
John: Good luck!
Download and print the Big Buck Bunny comic. Fill in the dialogue bubbles with narration and what you think the characters would say if they could talk.
A person who likes to scare, threaten, or attack weaker people
A person who in harmed by another person or event (without being at fault or causing the harmful action)
to dig at/ to give someone a hard time
To verbally try and make someone upset or angry
an eye for an eye (a tooth for a tooth)
When someone hurts you, you are justified to do the same back
revenge is sweet
It feels good to get revenge
make him pay
Get revenge on the person for doing something you didn’t like
a good life is the best revenge
Being positive and living well is the best way to show someone you are better than they are
you’ll get yours/ you’ll get what’s coming to you/ what goes around comes around/ your days are numbered
One day justice will be done, and you will suffer for doing ______ (something bad)
watch your back
One day when you’re not expecting it, I will get you back (get revenge), so be careful