Time: 3+ minutes
Basic Idea: Players come up with a word that starts with the last letter of the previous word.
- Choose a topic (food, animals, countries and cities, etc.)
- Think of a word to start the game. If your topic is food, you could say “apple.”
- The next person must think of a word that starts with the word you said. In this case, the food would have to start with e because apple ends in e.
Student 1: Apple
Student 2: Eggplant
Student 3: Tomato
Student 4: Orange
- The game is over when a person or team can’t come up with a word for their letter within a given amount of time.
- For larger classes, you can split students into groups and have the groups play against the other groups—this allows them to pool their ideas—or have individuals play against each other within each group.