Materials: an area with many objects in it
Time: 2+ minutes
Basic Idea: One player “spies” something in the room or visible area and the other player(s) have to figure out what it is through a series of clues.
- Assign one person to be the spy. The spy must for something everyone can see, but might not guess at first glance.
- When ready, the spy tells the other player(s), “I spy with my little eye, something that…” along with a description of what was “spied.” It can be a color, a shape, the letter that the word starts with, an adjective, anything.
- The other players guess what the spy spied.
Player 1: I spy with my little eye, something that is soft.
Player 2: Is it the box of tissue?
Player 1: Nope. Here’s another hint: it’s round.
Player 2: It’s my belly!
Player 1: Wrong again. It starts with C.
Player 2: I give up.
Player 1: It’s the cushion you’re sitting on!
- After finding what you want to say, keep looking around or it will be easy to guess.
- Give an additional clue each time the guessers don’t guess properly.